Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Addy's Sleigh- SOLD OUT

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Molly92's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2005
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I was just on the AG website and was looking at Addy's things and it says that her sleigh is sold out. Is this new? It's not going to be retired is it?

    Stephanie

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Addy's Sleigh has been out for several years(atleast 8, I think).
    Edit: I meant Addy's Sled has been AVAILABLE for atleast 8 years, not SOLD OUT.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 25, 2006 04:33 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Molly92's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2005
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No this is not true it was not retired 8 years ago. It is her cutter sled. My sister just recently bought this at AG place and now that I just got Addy I wanted to get her sled. I went on the web site the other day and there was a picture of it but it said SOLD OUT. I called today and they said that inventory is really low that it is being discontinued. So for all you Addy collectors if this is a piece you want call today!! It has been taken off the web site as of this past weekend.

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ January 23, 2006 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Molly92 ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 23, 2006 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Molly92 ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OMG, I am calling today! Yikes!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I noticed that it said sold out a few weeks ago, but I thought maybe it was just out of stock. I wonder if they are discontinuing it due to it's fragile nature, I think several people rec'd this damaged.

    hmmmm....to order or not...

    Laurie

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was hoping it was just temporarily out of stock. Addy's Sled is so cute! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] Let's hope it will come back "Revised."

    A year or so ago, some board members ordered it and had terrible trouble getting one that was not broken/defective. Maybe they are just changing it to make it more sturdy? Hopefully that will not involve plastic.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They are all out of stock on the 800 number and in NY and Chicago :-(.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member DiannaChristine's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2002
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I ordered this for my mother a couple of Christmases ago. Her sled arrived damaged, but it was an easy fix, so I never returned it. If I recall correctly, we only had to glue a piece back on. That one piece was only detached, not broken. I think being careful about eBay purchases and shipping is good advice.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm one of those who had trouble getting the sled undamaged, although I got lucky on the second try. I think some people here went through more tries than that. It is very fragile to ship but holds up well once it's arrived. It's a great piece and I really hope it isn't gone for good, just being redesigned.

    BTW, if anyone buys this on ebay, I think it would be a good idea to ask the seller to be very careful about how it's packed and shipped so that it arrives intact. It's in something of the same category as the clothes press and Josefina's piano in that it needs a lot of careful packing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •